WHAT YOU CAN RECYCLE IN YOUR RECYCLING CART (All materials should be clean and dry)
- Plastics #1, #2 & #5 (PET, HDPE), food & beverage bottles and jugs, water jugs, liquid detergent, bleach & softener bottles, and hair care bottles
– empty and rinse.
- Metal food and beverage cans (aluminum, steel), rinse and wipe out greasy containers, and crush if space is needed.
- Glass bottles food jars (clear, brown, amber & green) - separate lids from containers, remove metal bands and rinse.
- Paper and Cardboard: clean corrugated cardboard, white paper, newspapers – flatten or break down and remove all packing material.
RECYCLE PAPER & CARDBOARD
Paper – Recycle newspaper, catalogs, magazines, mail, and office paper in the Paper Retriever / Royal Oak box located at the following locations
(No napkins, tissue paper, or wrapping paper): (Locations are not guaranteed and can change without the Township’s knowledge, please verify before use)
- P-R High School (700 Warrendale Road)
- P-R Middle School (100 Logan Road)
- Wexford Elementary (250 Brown Road)
- Stepping Stones (712 Warrendale Road)
- Crossroads Church (3281 Wexford Rd)
- New Community Church (3100 Wexford Rd)
- North Way Christian (12121 Perry Hwy)
- Salem United Methodist Church (350 Manor Rd)
Cardboard – Clean, dry & flattened cardboard can also be placed in one of the three cardboard recycling dumpsters located behind the Municipal Building;
PLEASE - DO NOT include Styrofoam or other packaging materials.
- The Shipping Depot in Shoppers Plaza on Route 8 accepts clean-packaging peanuts. 724-443-8711 or
- Appliance Warehouse – Accepts clean, white Styrofoam that has never been used for food or drinks. 412-381-8800 or https://www.appliancewarehouse.com/disposal/
Packing Peanuts/Bubble Wrap - Mail & More of Wexford – 10900 Perry Hwy, Wexford, 724-935-8577.
Plastic Grocery Bags – Giant Eagle, Lowe’s and Target.
Batteries and Light Bulbs – BatteriesPlus, 4808 McKnight Rd, 412-366-3658 or Batteriesplus.com/recycling
OTHER RECYCLING RESOURCES
- Dlubak Glass Pennsylvania: Lighting, Automotive Windshields, Container, Window/Plate/IG, PVB from Windshields, Specialty Glass. 1600 Saxonburg Rd, Natrona Heights, PA 15065, (724) 224-6611 or http://www.dlubak.com
- Michael Brothers accepts CLEAN clear, brown, and green glass bottles and jars at no charge. Mon-Fri 7:30 AM - 4:30 PM & Sat 7:30 AM to 12:30 PM at the Reserve Park Waste Transfer Station, 408 Hoffman Rd, Pgh 15212 (Mt Troy)
- J W Marshall Inc.: Scrap metal. 109 Browns Hill Rd, Valencia, Pennsylvania 16059. (724) 898-2010
DONATE FOR RECYCLING OR REUSE
- 1-800-GOT-JUNK (1-800-468-5865) Residential junk removal, including E-waste, furniture, scrap metals & more.
- Appliance Warehouse: Refrigerant and non-refrigerant appliances. One item can be dropped off at 20 South 6th Street, rear, Pittsburgh, PA 15203, free of charge, or schedule a pick up from your home for a fee. 412-381-8800, https://www.appliancewarehouse.com/disposal/
- Best Buy: Electronics. NO TVs or computer monitors.
- Brother’s Brother: Donate walkers, manual wheelchairs, bedside commodes, canes, crutches, shower chairs, hospital beds, etc. https://brothersbrother.org/join/donations/in-kind/ or call 412-321-3160
- The Lighthouse Foundation's Community Auto LICO is a non-profit car dealership that accepts donated cars and sells them at a discount to qualified low-income families & individuals. 724-586-5554 https://www.thelighthousepa.org/lcc
- Construction Junction: Reusable construction material, appliances (fee may apply), cabinets, tools & hardware, etc. Pick up available or drop off. 412-243-5025 ext. 11 or www.constructionjunction.org.
- eLoop: Electronics including TVs. 724-519-7646 or https://eloopllc.com/
- Evolution E-cycling: Electronics including TVs. 412-390-3450 or www.evolutionecycling.com.
- Free Ride Pittsburgh: Bicycles, parts, and helmets. 412-731-2474 or https://freeridepgh.org/.
- Global Links: Crutches, canes, walkers, manual wheelchairs, nebulizers, shower chairs, unused/unexpired/unopened/original packaged bandages, gauze, catheters, and syringes. Call 412-361-3424 or www.globallinks.org.
- Goodwill: Clothing, furniture, and household items. https://www.goodwillswpa.org/
- Half Price Books: Books/magazines, CDs/DVDs, records, video games & more. 412-369-0860 or https://hpb.com/home
- JDog Junk Removal & Hauling: Appliances, TVs, furniture, large items, electronics & more. 724-777-8984 or https://jdogpittsburghnorth.com.
- Nespresso: Recycle coffee pods for free https://www.nespresso.com/us/en/order/accessories/original/recycling-bag
- North Hills Community Outreach (NHCO): Cars or Vehicles. NHCO uses 100% of the funds it receives from the sale of vehicles after fees to help people with transportation needs. 412-408-3830 ext. 3225 or www.nhco.org.
- Northern Tier Library: New/used books, music, and DVD movies. (724) 449-2665 or www.northerntierlibrary.org.
- Off the Floor Pittsburgh: Furniture and Household Goods. Free pick up. http://offthefloorpgh.org/
- Salvation Army: Clothing, furniture, household items, and vehicles. 1-800-SATRUCK or https://satruck.org/
- V.V.A. of Pittsburgh: Clothing, household items, working computers and other electronic items, toys, books, exercise equipment, small furniture, and bikes. Free pick up. 1 - 800- 775-VETS (8387) or www.pickupplease.org.